July 19, 2012

HALF-BREED: CH. 7 - "WEAKNESS"

Summary: Commander Jimmy calls Autumn a glutton for punishment after she disobeys an order, then lectures her about why her race is inferior to his.

The Commander told Autumn not to eat too fast and to take small bites – everything in moderation. But once she ate the piece of bread, it was like putting a huge piece of chocolate cake in front of someone on a diet and telling them not to eat it. The fact that her brain was practically starved for oxygen from going without food for 15 days, also meant that her judgment was detrimentally impaired. Once she started eating, she could not stop. She was practically inhaling all the food she ate. The cheese alone would've been enough to upset her stomach – too much dairy leads to excess gas. By the time the Commander returned, there was vomit on the table and she was on the floor writhing in pain, crying.

Oh God, please make it stop! This pain is unbearable!”

He quickly ascertained what had transpired in his absence – and it infuriated him.

You stupid girl! I told you to eat SLOWLY and you did not listen! Look at what your total disregard for what I instructed you to do has done! Now you are suffering because of your own ignorance! I am beginning to think you are a glutton for punishment. Look where your gluttony has taken you!”


He summoned a drone to pick her up and take her from the room.

Bring her back to the holding cell.” As the drone was leaving, he shouted at her again. “I could alleviate your pain for you but because you disobeyed me, you will have to endure your pain until it goes away on its own. Let's hope it does not take long. My patience with you is running out.”

No! Please! Help me! Please take this pain away! I beg you! I'll do whatever you want! Just please, don't leave me like this!”

The Commander smiled and laughed.

Oh, that pain will pale in comparison to the pain you are in for later. You could have made all of this so much easier on yourself but you gave into your ridiculous human greed!”

Autumn cried and screamed all the way to the holding cell where the drone just dropped her onto the floor and locked her in. Then she cried and screamed some more, unable to stand up because she was doubled-over with pain. Again, it was too much for her and the combination of binging and purging and the lack of oxygen her brain had been denied for a dangerously long stretch of time, caused her to lose consciousness. It was also too much for her bowels and the half-digested food was expelled from her body while she was passed out.

By the time the Commander returned the next day, she was awake again, but a bit discombobulated.

What is that Iratus-awful stench?” The Commander quickly surmised what had transpired since he'd last seen her. “Foolish human! You are the biggest wreck of a person I have ever met! Look at where your stupidity has led you!”

He summoned two drones.

You!” he said to one drone, “Take her and clean her up! When you are finished, bring her to me!” He turned to the other drone. “And you, clean this hideous mess up! It is in unsanitary condition now.”

Then he walked away, shaking his head.

Once he had done what was asked of him, the first drone took Autumn to the Commander's business quarters.

Thank you, that will be all for now, Desmond.” The drone bowed and left.

I am very sorry I didn't listen to you, Sir,” she declared. “Please...forgive me.”

Oh sure, you're sorry NOW,” he replied. “What is the matter with you, Half-Breed?”

Autumn just shook her head and mumbled, “Why are you doing this to me?”

You are doing it to yourself,” he answered, starting his assault on her identity. “You obviously do not have what it takes to survive, otherwise you would've been the one to enter that dining hall yesterday. Your silly human guilt is your downfall. This is why your race is inferior to mine. You allow your feelings to get in the way when push comes to shove. Humans are weak! For thousands of years, they have convinced themselves that they are on top of the food chain. There are even some among you who call themselves “vegetarians” who would rather die than to kill and eat the flesh of beasts, even when their own life depends on it. My race has survived for over 10,000 years by feeding on yours, and we feel no remorse. We do what we must to survive and to increase our numbers. We have NO sympathy for you! Your absurd guilt and half-witted 'morals' have only led to your own undoing. Humans hunt, kill and eat the flesh of beasts and yet they accuse my kind of being heartless savages! How is that any different from what we do to survive? You are the most hypocritical race I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. I thought the Wraith in you would lead you to make wise and informed decisions, but you failed – you have failed ME and most importantly, you have failed YOURSELF.”

He got up from the chair he was sitting in and paced around her.

W-what are you going to do to me?” she murmured. “If I am such a failure, then just kill me or let me go. I can't take much more of this insanity!”

Without warning, the Commander brought his hand to her face and hit her with such brute force that she fell out of her chair. She was afraid to scream, fearing it might invoke more of his wrath, though she was still sobbing.

What I will do to you is for me to know,” he replied. “But I will tell you this: I am going to teach you how to survive. You will learn to respect me. You will learn discipline. And you have given me no choice but to instruct you the hard way. It is time for your next lesson.”

Autumn became filled with dread. She'd already suffered enough for a lifetime and here was this cruel taskmaster telling her that he was just getting started. She could not even look forward to a quick death. No, according to this horrible alien leader, she was going to remain alive and miserable.

He laughed at her again.

Finally, you understand,” he said. “Misery is going to be your constant companion while you are here under my control.”

Inside her head she was screaming at him. And he was in there, laughing at her.

Tell me, Half-Breed,” he continued. “How do you feel right now? Do you still feel ill?”

W-what do you want me to say, Sir?” she answered. She was still on the floor because she still felt too weak to get up. The Commander kicked her, hard.

You dare to defy me?!!”

He kicked her again.

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Commander, please...”

I don't want to hear any more of your insincere apologies, human! Just answer my question!” he roared.

Y-yes, I still feel sore. And dehydrated. I am so thirsty, Sir.”

Well then, I suppose I should do something for your pain now.” Again, he summoned a drone. “Pick her up and take her to the rejuvenation pod,” he instructed. “And I want a guard stationed there while she is in it. No more escapes!”

The drone bowed, pulled her up from the floor and slung her over his shoulder. He noticed that she felt a lot lighter than she did a few weeks ago. He nodded at the Commander then headed in the direction of the pods. During the two days she was healing inside the pod, the Commander was busy implementing the next phase of his plan. He designed and built a simple 6'x2' rectangular box constructed of a material similar to titanium steel -virtually indestructible – the perfect isolation chamber, and Autumn's new sleeping quarters. Giddy with excitement, he went and fetched her from the rejuvenation pod.

He unlocked the release valve and the cold air inside began to dissipate as it met with the warm air around the outside of the pod. As she started to regain consciousness, Autumn slowly opened her eyes and started blinking. The Commander stood in front of her, smiling.

Welcome back, Autumn.”

Disclaimer:  The Wraith & Stargate Atlantis are owned by MGM.  Autumn Noxx is an original character.

No comments:

Post a Comment